Monday, March 31, 2008

the african safari.

We had little idea what was in store for us after the really long bus ride. I was sitting with Yin Ling- who was listening to hindi love songs with me!


this is so unfair... why is SHE so photogenic?

And even though it was fun making the friendship bands for Jeppe Girls (our host school), the real fun lay in the vast expanse of Entabeni- the game reserve we were heading to for our safari experience. The road that led to the place reminded me so much of the roads back at home when we used to drive to my grandparents' place. Moving on, we finally arrived and the view just took our breath away. See for yourself, because I won't be able to describe.


The trademark thumbtack hill, the signpost, me and my soul bearers on the road to our lodges...


Our majestic vehicles- The Safari Jeeps.

I officially declare them my favorite vehicles... Buses are nothing in front of them. This shot by John makes it look like some military camp... Cool! The jeeps took us to our haven in Entabeni, i.e. the reserve center, where we had our first safari meal. Yummy! And then, linkups... a lot of people were teased and tormented and gaped at and awwed! during this time, including me. Lets refrain from mentioning names here, shall we?


J1s :)))


I want to murder Yelyn for labeling this as "caught in the act"...

Anyway, the dessert was great and so was the cam-whoring session that took place after the meal, with the perfect background of the entire reserve landscape.


my table was at the far-end... near the food table =)


a toast to me... thats why John raised his glasses (Is there really nobody 'lamer' than him? Okay, maybe Vinesh...)


ACsian Theatre... Everybody was supposed to give an animal pose... I did a Bambi (Raymus!) but apparently everybody decided to do a themselves pose, considering how animal-like they were!

After the camwhoring and madams debrief, we went to our "America's Next Supermodel" kinda lodges- mine was No. 6 with Jas, Ed, Yelyn, Mao, Issac and my roomie Gabby! And man, it was beautiful, had a fireplace in the common room, a mesmerising and addictive view of the game reserve and even an outdoor shower, which I didn't get to bathe in because of my complacency! But it was fabulous, even though we didn't stay much in it.



Bird's eye view of Lodge 6... Okay, not exactly bird's eye, but you know what I mean right?


"See, I told you the rooms were beautiful!" And the beds were comfy too!

Then, we went back to the reception area to start off our voyage in the jungle, the mighty jungle! My jeep contained Yin Ling :), Les, Johanna, Chrys, Jen, June, Su, our ranger Amos and me of course! And we had the fun of a lifetime during the safari! Thankyou awesome jeepmates! =)))


when amos was driving really fast, in the excitement of finding the lions! :D

We saw amazing nature, and as Becky said "God at his best"... We saw wild animals in live action- Giraffes, Zebras, Antelopes & deer (a lot of different types of them), exotic birds (which we even got to savor at Carnivore!), Rhinos, Lions, Buffalos, Bulls, a glimpse of even Elephants!
We ate amazing food- breakfast, lunch and dinner- all were just so tempting and fulfilling! I cannot really do justice to what we went through, but it was the best. The ultimate!


Some more pictures :)))


me with the Giraffe! Hehe, so typically Indian!


The picturesque lake through John's photography!


Rhinoserious! Looks like a freaky Jurassic Park still


Pregnant Zebra! :)


The lioness giving us The Look! We saw them while they were 'on the hunt'!


Our jeep, without the jeep!

Sorry Les, looks like the person who took the photo missed you!

We got Hot chocolate after the first day of safari. :) And it was so welcome because I was like in tears, from the cold wind blowing in face... We sang Christian songs on our way back, as we couldn't see the animals anymore in the dark... It was bliss!

Then, we went to our beloved lodge again. I went to the common room to chat a bit but fell asleep on the couch, unaware that after lighting a fire, my lodge-mates tried hypnopaedia on me! They tried to fill me with dirty, sexual thoughts and apparently I was rubbing my chest and making weird sounds in my sleep! Woohoo! But then, it was time to sleep...

Pictures of you
Pictures of me
Hung up on your wall for the world to see

Pictures of you
Pictures of me
Remind us all of what we used to be


But to tell you the truth, even pictures cannot narrate for me what we experienced... You have to go their yourself... But it won't be the same without ACsian Theatre, right guys?

mohito
P.S. I love you all :D
P.S.S. I miss South Africa. Lets go back there sometime, like after A-levels! What say?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

fun to go through your "blog" buddy.
glad ;that you had an amazing time in RSA.

now down to the point padhai kar le warna south africa toh duur south delhi tak bhi jaane ke layak nahin bachega.

waise do you plan to visit india any time soon???

let us know !!!!!!


bye;
:~)

Unknown said...

i hope you still understand HINGLISH