Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Confessions of an AC Dancer

"i take H3 dance-ology"- this is what my new AC Dance shirt says... Uber cool right? I am even wearing it right now... Can't take it off! Haha, it is just so me!

I am going through mixed emotions... I am jubilant for getting approved for South-Africa... Looking forward to one helluva fun time with the thespians... I am humbled that I am still in the 'prototype group' for Feedback! Still can't believe my luck! I am on top of the world because I am spending so much time dancing with the AC Dancers! I am happy that I have finally mastered the art of staying awake in lectures! And even though it takes money, I am eating a lot of healthy food- just the other day I bought milk, bananas, apples, bread, juice and Snickers (the last one was for a friend)... Wish I could 'work out' a bit more though (Work, you've got to work your body baby... sizzzles!)...

I am anxious about 'my most favorite group of people on earth' though- The AC Dancers... The society is going through lots of rough patches these days... Two very certain guys have left us... We are riddled by injuries and ailments... Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get Conjunctivitis at this Chinese New Year like last time's Chicken Pox (On Valentine's day too!@#$%^&); but notice the 'C' connection between the diseases and CNY... Someone even suggested Cancer :-o !!!

Getting back to the topic; the biggest flaw of this batch is that we are not together (all of us), and that obviously shows on stage... No matter how good we are at faking it... This is when I start missing my J3s... They were so much together- more like a family of friends... And this is a serious issue especially in the face of J1s coming in; because we are the ones who have to show them what AC Dance is all about... To infuse the spirit of 'friends for life' into them... Dancers, if you are reading this, please don't take it personally. I might be wrong but this is what I feel... We are all amazing individuals and special people; with the possible exception of myself! But we are not yet there as a group... We have gangs of really close friends, but I see broken fragments put together, not one masterpiece. I know we have a long way to go as an ensemble, and I am sure we can feel it too.

Well, personally for me, AC Dance is the reason I go to college because honestly, I will be much more productive if I teach myself and do self-study than in the sleepy lectures and tutorials (at least most of them). Its the only motivation that is keeping me going, that washes away all my stress and keeps me lively and happy, even in the face of academic failures, misconduct and poor lifestyle! Why do I like AC Dance so much? Sorry, did I just say "like"- let me change my words- Why do I love AC Dance so much? There are three very simple reasons- AC Dancers, Raj and the teachers. I dance for my fellow dancers, to make a difference in their lives, so that they derive joy watching me dance and dancing with me. I don't know if you really comprehend the extent of what I feel for the "h3 dance-ologers ;D "... Let me put it this way- There are some dancers I would even risk my life for, and trying by all means not to sound cheesy- I am serious.

Of course, I don't expect that from other dancers. But we should at least all be friends... For instance, there are some dancers, who completely ignore me when I see them in the corridor... Others who don't respond to my HIs and Hellos, which is nothing but sad or depressing... Well, all this is what I wanted to talk it out with my President (We've got issues to talk about, man), because I believe she is one person who can surely turn the tides around... I have faith in all of the AC Dancers- we can make it there together guys!

mohito (Phew!)

P.S. By the way, Great job in the AC celebrations rehearsal... You all really turned it on that day- 'Culture in motion' was truly magical that day... Kudos to all of you. Yup, Raj and the madams too! :D
P.S.S. One more complain (I am such a whining idiot)- My angel, if you are reading this, thou art warned! Write to me a 'love-filled' letter asap (preferably with a gift) or else...

No comments: