Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Papa <3

Ya, I know I am a bit late but still- “Happy Birthday to you Dad”… 17th January- One of the most important days in my life… More precisely, the whole reason of my Life! And those of you who are thinking that how could I not wish my own Dad on his birthday, just for your information: I was the first one to actually greet him, just like last year… But its really ironic I never did that when we were living together… But now when he’s away, I stay up until 2:30, just to wish him “Happy Birthday” and give him a virtual hug! :D Hmm… I wish I was wiser…

“My Dad’s the best Dad in the world”… I am sure everyone has heard of or even said this line- but I haven’t because “My Dad is better than the best”… Lol, that used to be the tag-line for the electronics company- BPL, remember? Jokes apart, he really is. He’s the coolest, most caring, affectionate, exemplary, responsible, fulfilling, motherly and fatherly(Yup, both), friendliest, funniest, amazing Father ever! To sum it up, he is the person I love the most in the whole wide world, and I would give anything, literally anything, for him…

I just want to take this time (4:30 a.m. Singapore Time, Haha xD!) to thank you Dad, to hug you, to hold your finger again for every single thing that you have done for me, for us, for Ma, for Dadaji and Dadiji, for our family- all those sacrifices, hard work (I know its an understatement and I am not doing justice to what you have actually done, but trying), Thanks for all those times… Those fights when the only way you punished me (and yourself too) was by not talking to me… Sorry for all those times!

Whenever someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, my perpetual answer was- “I dunno!” But all this time I have wanted to be someone like you… Always! You are such a superdad! I cant thank God enough for you… And truly, I am in awe of you… I look at you and cant believe Dadiji when she tells me that you were the college gangster of your days! Because right now, you are the politest and friendliest person on earth! Even the knowledge of you being a chain smoker shocks me when you don’t even touch a cigarette now, even if the cupboard still has some imported packets (But I guess I had some part to play in that *smug*)… You’ve quit alcohol, anger, fighting, smoking, just like it had no hold on you, like you were always in control… The day I came to know that you had diabetes was one of the gloomiest and darkest days of my life, yet it seems diabetes is a breeze to you, your sugar level is better than mine or any other normal person and eat everything that is cooked and never complain… And I am both embarrassed and proud of how young you look- I mean if my teacher can ask me if you are my elder brother when you are 44, what more can I say? - When would I be like you??? When???

No comments: